It’s that time of the year again. Christmas is right around the corner and with it comes family, decorations and hours of cooking in the kitchen. If you are like me, you try to push it off as long as possible. So for you late bloomers, here is part one of seven days of decor tips to make decorating your home not only fun but stress free. So bring on the tangled lights, broken ornaments, burnt cookies and let’s get into the holiday spirit!
- If you already have decor accessories in your space, alter them to fit the season. For example if you have lanterns or large scale vases, fill them with lights and ornaments. This will add that little extra detail to your space on a low budget.
- If you are lucky enough to have a fireplace in your home, you can use paper or fabric to make a simple banner. You can hang this over your mantel to add a special homemade touch.
- If you live in a small space or if you are just over the same old style Christmas tree, try this! Consider a modern take on the holiday, try creating a tree on a empty space on a wall. Use old tree branches and add your ornaments with lights and there you have it, a new take on a Christmas tree.
- Do you have extra ornaments hanging around and you do not know what to do with them? Try making a wreath, it’s a simple way to add more decor to your space and also a way to use up those not needed extras.
- Finally do not forget the front door. By this I mean the interior of it, many people put garland around the outside, but switch it up and add a bit of spunk to the inside as well! Now this will remind people of the holidays as they come and go!